An interesting article on recent developments and prospects for the Spanish Banking System:
Click here to download: The Spanish Banking System
- It begins by taking a look at the outcome of the last two external reviews conducted by the European Commission (EC), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the European Central Bank (ECB), that concluded that all the conditions established by the MoU are already in place.
- It then analyzes some of the recent figures of the restructuring and recapitalization process.
- It continues by considering key issues regarding supervision, paying special attention to the improvement of certain supervisory and disciplinary powers at both the Bank of Spain and
- the Fund for the Orderly Restructuring of the Banking Sector (FROB).
- Finally, as regards asset quality disclosure, it provides some details on the first Forward-Looking Exercise on Spanish Banks (FLESB) carried out by the Bank of Spain and reveal that the Spanish banking sector´s loss-absorption capacity and Common Equity Tier 1 (CET 1) capital ratio would be adequate to face even an adverse scenario.